Join me in my quest to fill every day with art and creativity and follow me while I journey to improve my talents and skills by creating something each day for 365 days.

Crea Diem!

Sunday, August 11, 2013

A Momentous Occasion, Indeed

"And in the twenty and twelfth year, on August 11, Amanda did begin her year-long challenge."

One year ago, today, I officially started my challenge of doing something creative every single day for a whole year.  I'm pleased to announce that in one year I've managed to create a portfolio, pass my AP Art test, make up recipes, sell a piece of artwork (to my dad), design some costume concepts for a friend, make a complete costume start to finish, and, all in all, discover that I am further from the skill levels I wish to be than I previously believed.

My challenge won't officially end today because, if my memory serves correctly, I missed three days of creating.  Wednesday will be the real end to my challenge.  Though this momentous year is coming to a close for me, it certainly does not mark the end of my creative endeavors, or, for that matter, my blog.  Drawing and painting and crafting have become an even bigger part of me than before, that there's no way a day is going to go by where I don't think about or get inspired for new ideas and even better projects.  If I remember, on Wednesday I want to post my year in review and just re-upload some of the favorite things I've done.  For now, I wish to leave you with this picture.  A milestone for me as it marks the first watercolor painting I've done outside of a class that I truly love.

Ditto, from the comic my sister and I have in the works.  I know I'm no expert in watercolor, but I'm very pleased with how far I've come since my painting class last year.

And with that I leave with you a tutorial that really helped me with Ditto's hair:
http://autnott.deviantart.com/art/Drawing-Hair-332993023

I'm going to take some time and try to think of some profound tip of my own to leave you with on Wednesday.

Thank you all; it's been a most marvelous year.

No comments:

Post a Comment