Join me in my quest to fill every day with art and creativity and follow me while I journey to improve my talents and skills by creating something each day for 365 days.

Crea Diem!

Monday, August 20, 2012

Mondays, Moving On, and Mysteries

I've decided I'd like to try and update my blog every Monday.  Mondays I get out of school earlier, so I should have more time in my day to finish my homework, create something, and post about the past week.

Last time we left off at my Raspberry-Grape Jelly-Jam recipe on Tuesday.  So, as seems logical, I'll start with Wednesday.

Wednesday - I made another bookcase.  I've actually been working on the bookcases off and on all week and I now have 11 of 15 (sorry, I goofed on my numbers in my earlier post).  I also have the backs made for the last four.  The last four are going to be a bit different as they'll be used for the non-fiction section of our library and so I'm covering them in pages from old manuals I'm not using. (Like the manual that came with my calculator and my digital camera and also my driver's ed manual.)  As soon as I finish those I'll get some pictures up, because I think they look pretty snazzy.  Sorry I don't have any of the other ones I've made recently, but they just look like the other one I already posted, so I figured it'd just be a waste of space and time.

Thursday - I continued working on bookcases, but I also made Grape Juice with my mom using the last of the juice from my purple grapes.  Sorry, but I didn't take notes on that process - it's fairly easy, I'm sure you can find good instructions elsewhere online (or in a cookbook).  Now I just have all my green grapes (buckets and buckets of them) to figure out things to do with.  In the near future you may see some posts about Raspberry-Grape pie, raisins, or possibly Grape Leather.

Friday - I began work on a project that's been stewing in my head for about a month now.  It's top secret for the moment so I won't reveal what exactly it is, but you'll see some pictures of it a little farther down.  While I was working on this project I also sculpted some asteroids.  Yes, asteroids.  They're for a mask I started back in May or April some time and only now am I getting around to finishing it.  It's space-themed!  And it still needs a lot of work.

Saturday - I worked on my super secret project.  Here are pictures of how far I've gotten.  I don't mind showing what I've done so far, I just don't feel like divulging the intended outcome of this project just yet.
 I know the face is lopsided, but I think it's the best face I've sculpted, yet.  I'm really proud of how hard I've been working on him.  Normally I just gloss over details because I think ". . . oh, I don't know how to sculpt eyelids, yet.  I'll try next time . . ." or ". . . his forehead isn't big enough . . . eh, oh well . . ." but this time I was more like ". . . his nostrils aren't in the right place, I guess I'll have to redo them . . ." and ". . . drat, looks like I have to take more clay off the back . . . well, here goes . . ."
I'm especially happy with the details I was able to get around his eyes.  I'm not super excited with the eyes themselves, but the full centimeter-radius around them fills me with delight. 
Also, I adore his ears.  Normally, after I bake things like this, I pull it out of the oven and go "oh rats, another earless one."

Sunday/Monday - Sunday is when I did this guys ears that I love so much, but I also started drawing a picture on Sunday, which I then finished today.  Well, I finished the pencil part of it.  I may go back over with pen and clean things up, later, but it can stay as is for now . . . and apparently you can't see it right now. For some reason our scanner isn't working at the moment, so I guess I'll have to post it later.  Sorry.

Well, anyways.  I'm really proud of myself - it's been over a week since I've started my project and I haven't missed a day, yet.  I haven't created anything super spectacularly awesome, but I've been having fun all the same.

Days Created: 9/365
Total Projects Finished: 2

2 comments: